My clients told me they wanted to “feel Mexico in every detail”. Under this premise, I looked for very Mexican details, used in our daily life, and incorporated each one of them so all the guests could learn more about our culture in a fun and colorful event:
- - Blown glass amber wine glasses
- - Patterned and colorful napkins. On one of them, I placed classic animal miniatures and tin figures, made by artisans from Oaxaca
- - Mexican food stations, with Papel Picado and blown glass colorful hearts
- - Teblamats made of palm with colorful embroidery
- - As centerpieces: chrysanthemums, alstroemeria, lisianthus flower and flamingos, in beans & chilies cans
- - Red chilies on wooden boxes and bags stamped of the Virgin and Frida Kahlo
- - The Bar: Rustic style serving lots of tequila
- - “Charro Sombreros” and “Zarapes” placed in the benches
- - At the head tables: colorful ribbons
- - Dessert: churros with chocolate, Tequila Ice-Cream and popsicles
- - Piñata!
The combination of all the elements turned out great and created an original event for all the guests to savor the authentic Mexican folklore!
What else would you add to this very Mexican event?
Event Design & Coordination: Event Design by Marianna Idirin
Venue: Maravilla Los Cabos (Playa Santa María)
Photography: Andrés Anaya